Friday, March 30, 2012

April 2nd to 6th Menu

This week/s menu includes a way to use the homemade frozen pizza dough from previous week’s recipes even if you are sick of pizza. If you don’t have any you can make a new batch this weekend, find the recipe here.  A lot of these recipes are new or new variations for me. I chose them for their ease and because they looked yummy and potentially kid friendly.  You can make the won tons for the won ton soup on the weekend and freeze them for use later in the week if you like.

Monday
I have often used sausages for a quickie and pre-seasoned ground meat alternative. Sometimes I slice and fry up for use as a meat ball alternative for pasta, or sometimes I squeeze the sausage meat out and use as a ground beef substitute for a meat sauce. So this appealed to me as another way to use sausage meat to make supper-making faster!
Italian Sausage Burgers with Shoestring Zucchini fries


Tuesday
Stromboli – Like a sliced Calzone! When you see the picture of this one you will see why I chose it. It offers lots of potential for customizing to your families tastes.


Wednesday
Ratatouille - for grown-ups and make into a Panini with melted cheese for kids. This is a favourite of mine for health, versatility, and it is Weight Watchers friendly. This is not an authentic Ratatouille, but a quickie version. I suggest you plan to watch Ratatouille the film before or after having this meal and make it a whole theme night. If your kids reject the veggies outright, put them in a wrap or Panini bread with some melted mozzarella cheese. I like a little goat cheese with mine.

Thursday
Stir-fried turkey in lettuce wraps. This is a great way to reduce your carbs and maybe convince your kids to eat green stuff!


Friday
Won ton soup and Edamame. My 3 year old loves Edamame. It is so easy to cook in a pot or in the microwave that it is a go too healthy snack. part of the fun for him is that it is finger food and you can pop the peas out of the pod. A hot tip: When I make the won ton filling for these I fry it up in a frying pan to precook it, that way I know it is safe and cooked through when I heat up in the stock.
Won Ton Filling
Won Ton Soup
How to make a Won Ton




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inappropriate comments will not be published.