Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review: Chicken with Olives, raisins and spinach

Erika here, I wanted to share with you my experience with the recipe from last night. Overall I thought it was a pretty good dish. Not so fantastic that I would put it in heavy rotation. I used basmati, because that is what I had in my cupboard. I also substituted apple juice and white wine vinegar for the white wine because I didn't want to open a whole bottle just for this recipe. My favourite thing about the recipe was the idea of steaming the spinach right in the pot with the rice. I will definitely use that technique again. I also liked the fact that this was a very Weight Watcher friendly recipe. It was quick and easy as well. My husband really enjoyed the meal. My kid took one bite of rice and asked for something else. Oh well. It usually takes him a few tries before he will accept a new dish, so I am not discouraged.

If I were to make it again I think I would want to find a way to bump up the flavours or make a richer sauce.

If you made this recipe, let us know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inappropriate comments will not be published.